PARK WATCH Article December 2023 |
- Who am I? I’m a small marsupial, 40–50cm long with round ears, a pointy nose, a big round bum, a short furry tail and big strong claws.
- What is the largest owl in Australia?
a. Sooty Owl
b. Boobook Owl
c. Barking Owl
d. Powerful Owl
- Which type of eucalypt only grows in the Strzelecki Ranges?
- Which lizard lays its eggs in termite mounds?
- Which marsupial lives fast and dies young, only living less than one year?
a. White-footed Dunnart
c. Eastern Grey Kangaroo
- True or false? Southern Brown Bandicoots move about four tonnes of soil in a year.
- True or false? Tea-tree Fingers is a fungus that grows in a typical mushroom shape, out of the ground.
- The Green-striped Greenhood is a type of:
- True or false? Most Grey Goshawks in Victoria are completely white.
- What is the largest reptile in Victoria?
a. Lace Monitor
b. Eastern Blue-Tongue Lizard
c. Saltwater Crocodile
d. Grassland Earless Dragon