Become a Parks Protector
The forests are stunning. Huge flowering gums reach for the sky. Birds flit and call. A quiet but insistent buzz of insects permeates. The moist air smells fresh and woody and every now and then a rustle in the undergrowth speaks of a potoroo or a wombat, lyrebird or other ground-dwelling creatures. Small rivulets trickle and the occasional frog or platypus pop their heads up to survey the world around them.
Imagine if 20 years down the track this was all gone. Logging tore down the big trees. The animals that made the hollows their homes all died out. Feral animals moved in. With the delicate understory exposed to the sun, it dried-up and burnt in the warmer climate.
How will you feel then, knowing that places you once treasured and loved are gone because not enough was done now to save them?
But you can help.
How? By becoming a Parks Protector.
As a Parks Protector monthly donor, you’ll help save Victoria’s vanishing species, protect our beaches and the marine environment, and help safeguard our parks, reserves and special places.
- Take action to save endangered species like the Greater Glider and Powerful Owl, whose habitats are disappearing due to the impact of destructive commercial logging and fire.
- Take practical steps to protect Victoria’s threatened species.
- Encourage, persuade and convince our politicians that our environment is important, by running strategic campaigns to protect nature, like advocating for 60,000 hectares of new national parks in Central West Victoria and ensuring laws that protect nature are stronger and effectively enforced.
- Work with community organisations, agencies, councils, scientists, and the media to promote good conservation practices informed by hard science to tackle tough environmental issues and protect what is precious.
- Win important campaigns, like having the Alpine National Park declared in 1989, finally getting our River Red Gums protected in 215,000 hectares of new national parks in 2010, banning cattle grazing in the Victorian Alps in 2015, and removing 99-year leases, which helps prevent inappropriate large-scale commercial developments in national parks like Wilsons Promontory and Point Nepean.
When you become a Parks Protector, you’ll be part of the only non-profit in Victoria dedicated to advocating for new national parks and acting as a watchdog for existing parks.
How to donate monthly:
- Donate online using the form on this page
- Phone 03 9341 6500
- Or print out this Parks Protector form and post it to Victorian National Parks Association, Level 3, 60 Leicester St, Carlton, VIC, 3053
For assistance, please phone us on 03 9341 6500 or email [email protected]
All donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
Thank you for your support – with you on our side, we can work even harder for nature!
Can’t commit to a monthly donation? Make a one-off gift here.