The Victorian National Parks Association has been at the forefront of nature conservation campaigns for more than 65 years, with outstanding results.
Share our vision for Victoria to have a diverse and healthy natural environment protected, respected and enjoyed by all.
NatureWatch Project Officer
3-4 days per week (0.6 – 0.8 FTE) negotiable
Fixed-term for 12 months
Salary range $41,154 – $45,312 pro-rata @ 0.6 FTE ($68,591 – $75,520 FTE)
Based in Carlton, but it may be able to be partially conducted externally, from a home-base, if this is closer and more convenient to fieldwork (e.g. East Gippsland).
The Victorian National Parks Association is seeking a NatureWatch Project Officer to assist delivery of the NatureWatch program including developing and running citizen science projects based around nature in Victoria and works collaboratively with land managers, community groups and scientists.
- Coordinate and train volunteers, including volunteer team leaders, to carry out wildlife monitoring
- Liaise with project community, scientific and land management partners
- Drive, sometimes long distances, to fieldwork locations across Victoria, including some remote locations and on rugged rural roads.
- Organise, maintain, and prepare monitoring equipment for fieldwork events
- Lead volunteer teams on wildlife monitoring field events (days, nights, weekends, overnights)
- Collate incoming data using existing data management systems
- Analyse data and collate information for project reports (wildlife identification)
- Assist with project promotions and reporting
- Assist with grant applications and reporting
For enquiries please contact Sera Blair, NatureWatch Coordinator [email protected] or 0418 258 808
Click for NatureWatch Project Officer Position Description
How to apply:
- Prepare your application including:
- A statement addressing the Selection Criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
- Your resume
- Cover letter (optional)
- Send your application to the VNPA by email to [email protected]
5pm Monday 5 April 2021 – late applications will not be considered.