When we began in 1952 Victoria only had 13 national parks. Today we have 45 national parks, 26 state parks, 13 marine national parks and 11 marine sanctuaries.
To achieve this incredible legacy we’ve often worked with government. But the thing is, if we had to wait on government for all these achievements, in many cases we’d still be waiting. We simply can’t rely on government alone.
We may have been around for 70 years, but we’re not resting on our laurels. We’ve identified seven key challenges that confront us right now.
Your gift will help tackle these 7 immediate challenges in the next 70 years:
- Creating the Central West National Parks: making sure they are delivered, quickly legislated and properly funded.
- Defending the integrity of our national parks: keeping them safe from commercial interests.
- Increasing funding for parks: so they are well-managed and prepared for climate disruption.
- Filling the gaps: completing our state-wide conservation estate.
- Protecting special places: better legal safeguards for rare places.
- Helping get people into nature: our citizen science programs grow the community’s love and enjoyment of the natural environment.
- Holding government to account: making sure Victoria’s laws, policies and government agencies actually work to protect nature.
How to donate:
- Donate online using the form on this page
- Phone the team on 03 9341 6500
- Print out this form, fill it in and send it to:
Victorian National Parks Association
Level 3, 60 Leicester Street
CARLTON VIC 3065
Donations over $2 are tax-deductible. ABN: 34 217 717 593
For assistance, please call us on 03 9341 6500 or email [email protected]
Thank you for your gift to nature.