Our forests need urgent protection with intensive logging decimating the tall mountain ash forests of Victoria’s Central Highlands and old growth forests of East Gippsland – pushing threatened wildlife towards extinction, damaging our water catchments and destroying one of the world’s most carbon-dense forests adding to climate change.
It’s time to ramp up our election campaign, and #VictoriaLovesForests.
Want to get involved in the election campaign for forests?
- letterbox flyers in key electorates or your local area
- hand out flyers at train stations and busy locations in key electorates
- join in the campaign on social media
- help in the VNPA Office preparing campaign material
If you have ideas for campaigning in your electorate, let us know and we’ll help make it happen.
This is the flyer we’ll be handing out in Brunswick where we launched the campaign on Tuesday 11 September:
1. Keith, H., Vardon, M., Stein, J.A, Stein, J.L. and Lindenmayer, D., 2017 Ecosystem accounts define explicit and spatial trade-offs for managing natural resources. Nature ecology & evolution, 1 (11), p. 1683
2. Nous Group, Great Forest National Park: economic contribution of park establishment, park management and visitor expenditure.