Get muddy, go discovering, look after nature, colour in great wildlife pictures, take an 'Alphabet walk' or simply join us for a family focused bushwalk!
Over the next six months we are trialling a new program called 'Wild Families' and we'd love your family to join in.
Wild Families is about building a community of families who enjoy and love sharing nature with the Victorian National Parks Association. We're focusing on families with children from 0-12 years old but older children will be welcome with their families too.
We're hoping families of all shapes and sizes will get involved with Wild Families so that we can explore nature together.
- Try a 'do anywhere' nature activity with your family, discover some of Victoria's beautiful parks, learn about Victoria's unique wildlife or try a crossword by downloading our Wild Families activity sheet.
- Send us pictures, captions, artwork, stories about your family's nature adventures (we'd love to use some of these in future Wild Family publications and our magazine Park Watch).
- Do a Wild Family activity with your family such an 'Alphabet walk' or 'Living on Logs'.
- Join our Wild Families walk at the Organ Pipes on October 16 (see Activities program for more details and remember to register).
- Tell us about your favourite place to enjoy a nature adventure with the family (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tell us about your favourite nature activities (email email@example.com)
Download our Wild Families activities pages
Download our colour-in sheets, they're filled with local wildlife.
Why Wild Families?
There is growing evidence that spending time in nature has huge benefits for children and adults. But with children spending more and more time indoors now is a critical time to focus on getting them back outside and into nature.
Grown-ups are also finding that once they become parents it can be much harder to find time to exercise and get out into nature.
We're hoping Wild Families will give grown-ups and kids the chance to meet other families who want to explore Victoria's wonderful wild places while getting some clean air and exercise, discovering and learning about nature.